1. What Is 3D Product Rendering?
2. Who Uses 3D Product Rendering
3. Product 3D Rendering vs Photography
6. Lifestyle 3D Product Rendering
11. Outsource 3D Studio VS In-house Team
12. How to Choose a 3D Rendering Provider
15. How Is a 3D Model of a Product Made?
The first thing to do before starting a CGI project is to ask for the price. At CGIFurniture, client managers state the cost at the outset, break it down when asked to, and even advise on how to reduce the price. Easy!
The only thing that can make it easier is to learn what the product rendering cost comprises before contacting a CGI studio. Here are the main criteria client managers take into account for providing a ballpark estimate:
1. CG modeling complexity level. Some 3D models take more time and labor than others because they have more elaborate geometries and difficult textures. As a result, their cost is higher. For instance, simple wooden chairs are much easier to make than wicker ones or stone fireplaces. You can find the description of 4 complexity types in our article about furniture modeling types.
2. Urgency. When on a tight deadline, CG artists may have to work overtime and at weekends. Naturally, working in an emergency mode costs extra. So the best way to reduce the project price is to keep in mind the deadline and always contact the product rendering company beforehand.
3. The number of views. The standard offer includes 1 general view. Therefore, each new view will add to the price. The angles normally cost the same. The cutout, however, requires modeling of the inner structure of the product and is therefore priced higher.
4. Resolution. By default, CGIFurniture provides product 3D renders in FullHD, 1920x1080. If there’s a need for a higher resolution, the price will increase.
These were the main criteria affecting the product rendering cost, and at least 2 of them can be adjusted. Their defining feature is that these factors are inherent to the project character. But that’s not all. In addition, a product manufacturer can reduce the CGI production price through workflow optimization. Here are 3 easy ways to do it.
The less research 3D artists need to do, the faster the 3D rendering production goes. As a result, it costs less. So a product manufacturer can help speed up the process by answering all the questions in the brief, specifying the purpose, format, and resolution of the imagery, and attaching all references they can get their hands on. The effort will 100% pay off!
Another cost-cutting tip is to ask the product rendering studio upfront if they offer 3D models of props for room sets. Using them will help to avoid paying for modeling every decor and secondary object in the scene. For instance, CGIFURNITURE offers clients free access to a virtual library with more than 47000 items. They are indoor and outdoor furniture 3D models of various styles and brands, lighting fixtures, architectural elements, paintings, sculptures, carpets, etc.
CG rendering studios can offer CG room sets and outdoor scenes, too. So a manufacturer can pick one, and have it tweaked to fit the concept. To illustrate, CGIFURNITURE offers free access to 3913 excellent lifestyle scenes. So product manufacturers can pick one they like, and even ask to adjust details like wall color, flooring material, and decor to fit the concept. This will take the modeling of a new scene off the product rendering cost.
Now, these were the main factors influencing the price of a lifestyle 3D visualization project and a set of tips on how to decrease it. The best way, of course, would be to combine those and ask the client manager for custom advice. For many things would depend on the project. For instance, the company may be willing to offer a discount for a volume order.
Download CGIFURNITURE price guide and learn the costs of top-tier 3D visualization projects of different scales!
5616 Geary BLVD Suite 207
San Francisco, California
+1 607 383 2001 NY, USA
+44 203 617 1683 London, England