3D Furniture Product Models:
5 Features That Define Their Quality
Product 3D modeling is part of a growing trend in the furniture industry that’s changing the way we see and market products. The 3D furniture product models are digital representations of furniture pieces that can be used for an e-commerce product presentation, catalogs, and advertising. By using 3D models to create marketing materials, you can boost interest in your goods and make them look more appealing to consumers.
In this article, our 3D modeling company will explore five features that define the quality of 3D furniture product models. Whether you run an online business or you’re simply looking to expand your brand’s marketing reach, it’s important to understand the features that define the quality of a product 3D model. It’s also important for you to be able to recognize these features to find a modeler who can provide them for you.
So let’s get through each of the aspects that define the quality of furniture 3D models!
What are 3D Furniture Product Models?
Innovative technology is at the core of any successful business venture in the 21st century. It’s no longer enough to have a high-quality product; you have to have an equally high-quality 3D model of that product for CG images, as well.
The 3D furniture product models are becoming one of the most popular and effective ways to design, manufacture, and market furniture. They can help you save time, money, and energy by giving you a strong competitive advantage over competitors.
The 3D furniture product models can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Marketing Visuals: Incorporate 3D visualization for different promo channels.
- Product Design: Create CAD drawings to help you design your product
- Mockups: Develop prototypes that can be used for visualizing your designs.
- Presentations: Present new designs and features to investors, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- FDM/SLA Printing: Use 3D printing technology to create physical versions of your model.
- 3D Animation: Produce animation videos to show how your product works.
- VR/AR: Apply VR and AR technology to create interactive models that can be used for training purposes or marketing campaigns.
It’s important that your model looks realistic so customers don’t become discouraged and turn away from your product. Also, since 3D models and product CGI for e-commerce furniture businesses are such powerful tools, knowing which features make models outstanding and work the best is important.
When you are looking for a 3D furniture product model, there are several features that can make or break the quality of the final look. Here are some features that will help you identify the best possible 3D models for your needs:
The complexity of 3D furniture product models is defined by the number of polygons used in the model. The more polygons used, the more accurate and realistic the model will look. The best models use a high polygon count to create the most detailed designs.
Low-poly models are the most basic type of 3D model, and they tend to be the cheapest. Low-poly models are usually made from simple shapes like cubes or spheres, and they don’t have very many details or textures applied to them. A low-poly model might be perfect for you if you just want something simple that will give people an idea of what your product looks like without being too expensive or time-consuming to create. It also works for AR and VR as they require real-time rendering.
If you want a more detailed explanation — read an article about high poly models vs low poly ones.
Complexity Types of 3D Models
If you are looking for high-quality 3D models, it is essential to consider the complexity type of each model.
The most common types of 3D furniture product models are:
- Simple 3D models are those that have a few elements to them, such as a table or chair.
- Medium 3D models are those that have more elements and a more complicated shape than simple ones, such as cabinet furniture.
- Complex 3D models are those with many different elements and intricate details that make up the entire object or structure.
- Highly complex 3D models include objects with complicated surfaces that have to be manually sculptured such as leather upholstery, natural stone items, and woven furniture.
The complexity of a 3D model can be determined by the degree of detail, the number of different components, and the number of textures used. Each component and texture that is added to a CGI file will increase its complexity.
#2. Format and Resolution
The resolution of your model refers to how large it is — a higher resolution means that more details can be seen on the surface of the object being modeled. Naturally lower resolutions mean that details will be less clear in your final product visualization. The resolution of the model can also be adjusted to suit the requirements of the project.
The format of a 3D furniture product model can vary depending on the project and the software used for it. 3D models can be exported in a variety of formats, including OBJ, 3DS, FBX, etc. Learn more about 3D file format — 10 types.
However, higher resolutions also take up more memory and cause slower load times. The best balance between cost, resolution, and load time is usually somewhere in the middle—around 300 dpi or higher—but this can vary depending on what kind of project you’re working on. If you want an accurate and detailed representation of your final product, then high-resolution models are ideal.
#3. Type of Textures
When creating CG furniture products, there are several different textures that can be used: wood, leather, stone, metal sheen, and fabric with a pattern or no pattern. Each texture has its own price tag associated with it based on how much detail there is. The type of texture used for 3D furniture product models can range from basic to detailed.
The type of texture used in a 3D furniture product model will also affect its quality. Textures can be photorealistic or less defined. Photorealistic textures are much needed for close-ups but secondary objects on the background don’t need such a high level of detail.
#4. Texture Detail
For close-up shots, the texture detail of a 3D furniture product model should be as high as possible. This ensures that the model looks as realistic as possible, with all the small details captured accurately.
Close-up renders of 3D models should feature intricate detail in terms of texture, lighting, and accurate geometry. This can be anything from simple texturing to recreating materials with complex characteristics like graining, a weathered look, bumps, folds, etc.
The textures should be able to reflect light in various ways depending on their material and lighting conditions. This can be done by creating different levels of reflectivity for each material and by adding highlights in places where light would naturally fall on a particular surface.
#5. Accuracy Compared to the Real Product
The fifth and final feature that defines the quality of 3D furniture product models is accuracy. The purpose of creating a 3D model is to represent a real-life object in a digital space. That’s why 3D artists ask for photos of items for reference.
In addition to providing an overall view of how the product will look, a realistic 3D model can help potential buyers see how it will fit in their own home or space if it’s used for AR tools. A good quality 3D furniture model lets you move it around without weird distortions or blurriness appearing on any part of the image. The details are crisp no matter what angle you’re looking at and you can’t see any gaps between parts of different objects.
A reliable 3D modeling company will have strict quality control processes involved in every stage of the design process. There should be checklists for each step, from concept all the way through to rendering and post-processing, with every element receiving a thorough quality inspection before it’s approved and sent off to the client. This quality control is especially important during the modeling phase.
To ensure that your CGI project is completed on time and on budget, it’s important to work with a company that has a strict quality control process in place. This ensures that every model meets precise specifications, ensuring that every detail of your design will be captured accurately.
- Furniture product 3D models can be created in a variety of ways. The most advanced forms of computer-assisted design (CAD) software allow designers to develop high-resolution, high-accuracy furniture models. The level of detail and accuracy can be seen in the number of polygons used to construct each object, or “polygon count”. The higher this number is for an object, the more complex it will appear when rendered on screen.
- The more complex a model is, the longer it will take to create and render. Therefore, the most complicated models’ cost is higher.
- High-quality 3D furniture product models should feature both diffuse and bump textures as well as reflect lighting to provide a more realistic look.
- The accuracy of a 3D model of a furniture product should be as close as possible to the real-world product based on references.
If you’re looking for an experienced 3D modeling and rendering studio, look no further than CGIFurniture. We offer the best 3D modeling services for online stores, e-commerce websites, and social media marketing. Get in touch with us today to discuss your project!